Pursuant to Executive Order 13777, “Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda” the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is requesting information to assist in identifying existing regulations that should be modified or repealed.
USDA requests comments on several questions including the following:
- regulations that result in the elimination of jobs, or inhibit job creation;
- regulations that are outdated, unnecessary or ineffective;
- regulations whose costs exceed benefits;
- regulations that create serious inconsistencies or interfere with regulatory reform initiatives;
- requirements that duplicate or conflict with another federal agency.
In addition, USDA seeks comments regarding compliance costs for existing regulations. Comments and information are requested on or before July 17, 2018. USDA will review comments in four batches over a one-year period. The cut-off period for comments to be reviewed as part of the first batch is September 15, 2017. The cut-off period for comments to be reviewed as part of the second batch is November 14, 2017. The cut-off periods for the third and fourth batches are February 12, 2018, and July 17, 2018, respectively.
Comments may be submitted and more information can be found here.