Attack Plan – Before an Event
Before an Event
Meet with a Cyber Security Company
- Cyber Cos: Like a lawyer or an accountant – have one you can call.
- You need to have a relationship before an attack for NDA.
- Consider these options:
Typically a $25 – $50 rider on regular insurance; however, experts encourage an entirely separate cyber security policy.
Make sure vendors carry cyber security if they manage your data and that it
covers your business.
Understand the type of insurance and scope of coverage – 1st vs. 3rd party:
After an Event
- Do NOT pull the system off the internet (don’t unplug!)
- Note which systems have been compromised (client info? financials?)
- Call cyber company
- Call payment processor if there was compromised credit card info
- Call insurance
- Report to the FBI