In most cases, yes. A website is your digital storefront. There are four general reasons to have a website:
- to sell products and services
- to provide information
- to increase visibility
- to provide additional customer service
To sell products and services on the Internet, success involves having a great product or service and attracting a targeted market. E-Commerce (selling through a website) is a five-step process:
1) Host the content on the Internet.
2) Market the website and content.
3) Collect and record customer orders.
4) Process payments.
5) Fill and ship customer orders.