When starting an online business, we suggest you treat it exactly the same as a brick and mortar business. Start with research and planning.
- Is there a market for your products or service?
- Do you have experience working with the audience you want to attract?
- What value are you bringing your potential customers?
- How are your competitors doing and what are they doing to attract online customers?
- What start up expenses will you have?
- Do you have the technical skills needed to manage an online market place or can you learn them?
- Do you have reliable high speed internet service?
If you answered these questions and would like to move forward, make an appointment with an SBDC consultant to discuss your idea.