To register as an employer, you need to obtain a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS and secure workers compensation insurance. You then need to establish state income tax withholding and unemployment insurance tax accounts by filing IBRS.

Have employees complete and keep in employer’s files: Employee’s Withholding Certificate W-4 obtained from the IRS and Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 obtained from the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization.

Our Host Universities & Affiliates
Logo for Boise State University
Logo for Lewis-Clark State College
Logo for Idaho State University
Logo for North Idaho College
Logo for College of Southern Idaho
Logo for SBA
Logo for America's SBDC