You will be your own most important employee, so an objective appraisal of your strengths and weaknesses is essential. Some questions to ask yourself are:
- Am I a self-starter?
- How well do I get along with a variety of personalities?
- How good am I at making decisions?
- Do I have the physical and emotional stamina to run a business?
- How well do I plan and organize?
- Are my attitudes and drive strong enough to maintain motivation?
- Can I afford to start a business?
- How will the business affect my family and are they supportive of the time and financial commitments?
Think of the four entrepreneurial Cs: Control of your time and income; Creativity in your profession; Cash – the possibility to create more than a paycheck; Challenges – you must like them. If you can say yes to these AND you are willing to withstand risk and possible failure, you have what it takes.