InnovateHER 2017: Innovating for Women is a prize competition held by U.S. Small Business Administration. The challenge is to unearth innovative products that help impact and empower the lives of women and families.
Criteria for the Product or Service:
- Has measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
- Has the potential for commercialization (40%)
- Fills a need in the marketplace (30%)
- Citizens or permanent residents who are 18 or older
- Private entities in the US
- Open to men and women
How to Participate:
- Contact your Idaho SBDC regional office for more information or review the resources below
- Submit a business plan maximum length: 20 pages, including attachments
- Include a link to a publicly hosted page with a 2 minute or less video describing your product or service and how it meets the criteria
- Meet all eligibility requirements
- Submissions due May 26th, 2017 11:59pm
- Send submissions to InnovateHER@boisestate.edu
Idaho SBDC Virtual Competition:
The Idaho SBDC will host a virtual competition with selected submissions on June 2nd. This will determine the local winner that will be submitted for consideration for the national competition.
SBA National Competition:
A live marketing pitch competition will be held in September 2017 as part of a larger Women’s Summit. Ten finalists will compete for cash prizes provided by the Sara Blakely Foundation totaling $70,000. Finalists will be responsible for covering their own travel costs to DC for the final competition.