Searching in Tax Planning  [clear]

Tax Planning

When do I need to collect Idaho sales tax?

You need to collect sales tax when you make your first retail sale in Idaho. Most service businesses are exempt from sales tax with some exceptions.  To obtain a sales and use tax permit (also called a resellers permit), you will submit IBRS. If you need only a temporary permit, such as for sales at a trade show, you can print a temporary sales tax permit from the Idaho State Tax Commission's website. A temporary permit is valid for 90 days for one event. In addition to products, sales tax is charged on rented equipment, including golf and bowling shoes and equipment and on admission fees.

Our Host Universities & Affiliates
Logo for Boise State University
Logo for Lewis-Clark State College
Logo for Idaho State University
Logo for North Idaho College
Logo for College of Southern Idaho
Logo for SBA
Logo for America's SBDC
The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.